The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place
Considered the "boutique" hospital for new moms and babies, moms enjoy five-star amenities coupled with unrivaled compassion and expertise.
Ear, Nose & Throat
We are the only dedicated ENT unit in Central Florida, our staff has been trained in the care of otolaryngology and its associated subspecialties..
Florida Hospital Orthopaedic Institute
Renowned for progressive medical programs and innovative approaches, Florida Hospital is known for having one of the top orthopaedic programs in the nation.
24-hour Emergency Department
The Winter Park Memorial Hospital Emergency Department is available round-the-clock for medical emergencies and Urgent Care.
Florida Hospital Cancer Institute
Convenient access to the latest medical technology, patient support, and a specialty care unit that treats more cancer patients than any other hospital system in the state.
Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
An array of specialties including breast, orthopaedic (including joint replacements), and minimally invasive surgery of all kinds.
Complete care in a dedicated unit featuring procedure rooms and recovery rooms.
Our ICU provides closely monitored care for patients requiring the highest level of medical attention.
Florida Hospital treats more heart patients than any other hospital in the nation, and performs more open-heart surgeries than any other hospital in Florida.
The Respiratory Care Department at Winter Park Memorial Hospital is available around the clock, providing compassionate, professional care.
Sleep Disorders Center
The Florida Hospital Center for Sleep Disorders provides an environment with specialists and neurologists to help achieve normal, restful sleep patterns.
Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine
From weekend warriors to professional athletes, we have the technology, resources, and expertise to get you back in the game.
Robotically assisted surgery is less invasive and an effective treatment option for complex surgeries.
A complete spectrum of the latest technology in diagnostic imaging including the new PEM scanner, the highest resolution breast imaging technology available.
Monthly Breast Self-Exam
Our Robotics Surgery Program
The uncompromising quality of our surgical facilities at Winter Park Memorial Hospital brings skilled surgeons from the most respected surgical groups in the Greater Orlando area to perform both inpatient and outpatient procedures here. The newest technique our surgical team is utilizing is the da Vinici® Surgical System, enhancing their capabilities through high-definition 3D vision and a magnified view, while micro-instruments increase precision - greatly reducing pain, scarring, recovery time and hospital stays. A surgeon controls the da Vinci® Surgical System, which translates his/her hand movements into smaller, more precise movements made by tiny instruments. Though it is often called a "robot," the da Vinci® Surgical System cannot act on its own. Instead, the surgery is performed entirely by your doctor. Together, da Vinci® technology and your doctor have the ability to perform complex procedures through just a few small openings. Both the surgeon and the patient experience greatly improved benefits of robotic surgery, as compared to traditional laparoscopic or open procedures. This technique in surgery ultimately results in better clinical outcomes.
Benefits of Robotic Surgery: For the Surgeon
- The surgeon has magnified 3D visualization for optimum viewing within the operative site
- The surgeon has increased precision, control and range of motion of micro-instruments
- Tremor filtration provides less room for error
- The robot allows improved access to and manipulation of organs, tissues and nerves
Benefits of Robotic Surgery: For the Patient
- You will have a shorter hospital stay
- You will experience less pain
- Your recovery time is faster
- You will have smaller incisions, resulting in reduced risk of infection, less blood loss and minimal scarring
- You are not required to donate your own blood before surgery
- Last but not least, you can get back to your normal routine sooner
We offer the following robotic services at Winter Park Memorial Hospital:
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgery - TORS - transoral-robotic-surgery-tors
- Advanced Gynecology Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery - Robotic surgery allows a surgeon to remove cancerous portions of the colon and rectum, as well as benign tumors and polyps. This robot-assisted approach provides surgeons with the tools to more easily connect the two ends of the colon after the cancer has been removed. The procedure can be completed with a few tiny incisions, rather than the one long incision used in traditional open colon surgery.Robotic surgery allows surgeons to perform complex rectal cancer surgery which is extremely challenging to do in a minimally invasive manner. The robot provides the surgeon improved visualization of the surgical site through 3D magnification, enhanced dexterity for manipulation and dissection of tissue, and greater precision. This procedure allows surgeons to finely dissect cancers of the rectum while possibly reducing nerve injury.